Meeting Room Request Form
Policy No. 319
Subject: Public Meeting Room Agreement
Crawford County Library offers the use of three meeting rooms to the public. Meeting rooms may be reserved for use by local or area not-for-profit educational, civic, and cultural, community, professional or non-paid government groups at no charge. Local is defined as organization with a significant membership residing in the library district. Groups are not required to be a registered 501(c)(3) but cannot be a profit-making or business entity for this designation. Provision of the Library or by its staff, of the groups or individuals using the Meeting Room or their beliefs.
"No-Show" Reservations- If an individual/ organization fails to show for a reserved time slot, after 30 minutes the library may cancel the reservation and allow another use of the room. If an individual/organization fails to utilize a meeting room reservation without notifying the library of the cancellation at least three (3) days prior to the scheduled use, or if the Patron Policy (Policy No. 310) for a meeting room use are not observed, the library may cancel or decline to schedule any future reservations for that individual/organization. Such cancellations will be made at the determination of the Library Director or his/her designee.
False Information- Inclusion of false information on the Meeting Room application will result in automatic and immediate revocation of permission.
Minors- Groups including minors must be supervised by at least one responsible adult 21 years of age or older.
Reservation Reassignment- Groups or organizations may not assign their reservation to other groups or organizations.
Official Library use of any meeting room takes precedence over all other uses. Local or area for-profit and business entities may also reserve meeting rooms but will be charged an established rental fee. Rental fees are charged per 2-hour block, with a minimum 2-hour block requirement. Meeting room reservations fees are as follows:
Technology Room: $25.00- A meeting room for smaller groups. The Technology Room can be accessed from inside the main library and can accommodate 1-10 people. There is a mobile A/V screen available for this room.
Mason-Griffith Conference Room: $75.00- A medium sized meeting room that can be arranged for board meetings, classroom, U shaped or theater. Room capacity 40 people. The room fee includes available equipment: A/V, sink/counter and bathroom. Separate exterior entrance off of Plum St. that includes parking with handicap and accessible push button doors.
Leslie Devereaux Internal Conference Room: $150.00- A Large meeting room that can be walled off from the rest of the library by an expandable wall, which can accommodate 60 people. The room can be set up for classroom, U shaped or theater. Fee includes A/V equipment, podium, and kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove/oven, two-basin sink and dishwasher. The kitchen area is ADA compliant.
Study Room: $25.00- A meeting room for smaller groups. The Study Room can be accessed from inside the main library and can accommodate 1-5 people. There is a mobile A/V screen available for this room.
Archive and Rare Books Room: $25- A meeting room for smaller groups. The Archive and Rare Books Rooms can be accessed from inside the main library and can accommodate 1-5 people.
Audio/Visual components: The Crawford County Devereaux Memorial Library boasts 86-inch HD displays, wireless collaborative presentation systems that are compatible with most modern operating systems and devices, Bluetooth capable sound bars, adjustable wide-angle cameras, and hands-free microphone setups with multi-function remotes.
- All meeting rooms must be left clean and in its original condition. Full responsibility for any loss or damage associated or connected with the use of the room must be assumed by the organization and the responsible party reserving the room.
- The library reserves the right to refuse the use of any meeting room to groups that violate the Library's Code of Conduct.
- The library will not discriminate in the use of its facilities based upon race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation or other criteria prohibited by law.
- User is financially responsible for any and all damage to the library property.
- Library staff may attend or observe ANY event at any time.
- Library facilities are available to non-profit and for-profit organizations for meetings and programs but are not to be used for business sale or commercial activities.
- Library facilities are not available for social events such as showers, birthday parties, wedding and receptions or private receptions.
- All activities must be free to attend and such use shall not include distribution of literature, solicitation for memberships and/or payment of dues outside the walls of the designated conference room.
- Meeting rooms that may be reserved are listed on the library website and are approved by the Library Director.
- Local or area for-profit and business entities may also reserve meeting rooms but will be charged an established rental fee. Rental fees are available on our website and by request.
- Single individuals are welcome to use the meeting rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis, provided they meet the requirements for Policy No. 310.
- The library cannot provide personnel for supervision or to assist in handling of furniture or technology set-up. Nothing is to be affixed to the walls or left in the room after use.
- Food and beverage may be served with prior approval: a check deposit or credit card on file may be required for approval.
- Alcohol, cannabis, smoking, and vaping is NOT permitted on library grounds; refer to Policy 303 and 110.
- A representative from the organization must sign the Public Meeting Room Agreement and indemnifications agreement to reserve the room. Reservations can not be confirmed until the application is complete, and all fees are paid and credit card information is on file.
- Meeting room use may not exceed the person maximum capacity limit is established by the library and Fire Marshal.
- Attendance must not exceed the person maximum capacity limit established by the library and Fire Marshal.
ADOPTED: January 13th, 2022
Reviewed: April 14th, 2022, February 27, 2023
Amended: April 14th, 2022, July 14th, 2022, March 9, 2023
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Haitian Creole